1. The Privacy Act
The Virus BVBA, headquartered at 1930 ZAVENTEM, Wezembeekstraat 3 and registered in the Companies Database under number 0656.612.103 (hereinafter “we” or “us”), operator of the website “thevirus.be” (hereinafter “Website”), agrees to respect the Act of 8 December 1992 (as amended by the Act of 11 December 1998 and the Act of 26 February 2003) on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data (hereinafter the “Privacy Act”).
The Privacy Act may be viewed at any time on the website of the Commission for the Protection of Privacy ("Privacy Commission"): privacycommission.be.
2. What data are gathered and processed via the Website?
2.1. Data given to us by you
The following services (hereinafter "Service(s)") are offered via the Website for which you, if you wish to make use of these Service(s), are required to provide us with one or more personal details beforehand, by filling in an electronic form:
Applications for a job or internship: surname, first names, sex, nationality, date of birth, physical address (street, number, postcode, town), e-mail address, telephone number, marital status, highest qualification (and, if applying for an internship: course, educational institute and academic year), CV, photo.
Some personal details are compulsory if you wish to make use of a Service. These compulsory details are marked by an asterisk (*) or identified in some other way in the electronic form. The remaining details are optional.
2.2. Data gathered automatically while using our Website
3. Why are the data gathered via the Website processed?
Your data are gathered and processed via the Website for the following reasons:
3.1. Details given to us by you:
- To provide you with the requested Service(s);
- To request additional information with a view to ensuring an optimal provision of the requested Service(s);
- To notify you of any changes in relation to the Service(s);
- To notify you of other products or services which are similar or related to the Service(s) you have already requested and are offered by us or our affiliated companies.
3.2. Data gathered automatically while using our Website:
- For research and statistical purposes;
- To improve and optimise the content and quality of the Website and the way in which it is presented to users;
- To set up collective profiles.
4. Storage and sharing of your data
All of the personal details we keep are stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, data exchange over the internet is never 100% secure. Although we do everything we can to ensure the security of your personal data, we can never guarantee it fully.
Without your permission your personal details will never be passed on to others, with the exception of:
- the manager of the Website's server(s);
- service providers (providers of analytical tools) who help us improve and optimise our Website;
- legal persons affiliated to us;
- our general and special legal successors.
5. Right to access, correct and delete your data
You may ask for a statement on the processing of your details at any time. To do this, please write to us, preferably by email, to the address below in article 7. To allow us to check your identity, we kindly request that you add a copy of your identity card with your mail. Once we have verified your identity, we will send you the statement as soon as possible.
If the personal details we have for you are incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete, you may of course ask us to correct them.
If you would like us to delete your personal details from our data files, we agree to do so at the earliest opportunity.
7. Contact details
De Mensen NV
Wezembeekstraat 3, 1930 Zaventem